I WORK FOR A HOSPITAL AND HAVE ABOUT 16000.00 SHOULD I INCLUDE THEM ON MY BANKRUPTCY

Asked about 1 year ago - Woodbridge, VA

I AM ALSO GOING TO THIS DR AN IS STILL UNDER HIS CARE DO I INCLUDE HIM IN MY CASE I OWE HIM 600.00

1. Daniel Mark Press

Pro

5

Answered . All assets and all debts have to be scheduled.

2. Robert Ross Weed

3

Answered . Leaving people off the list is lying to the court. You do NOT want to lie to the court.

Your hospital is an enormous operation who will neither know nor case that you filed bankruptcy.

Your personal doctor is another issue. If you have some time to work with, see if you can pay him off before you finish paying your lawyer. Or go talk to his office manager, and work out a plan to keep paying after you file the bankruptcy. You are allowed to pay anyone you want to pay; you are not allowed to leave people off the list.

3. Christine B. Adams

Pro

2

Answered . Yes you have to add it, also if you delay your filing until after you incur the additional medical debt, you can include that debt in your bankruptcy.

Diane L Gruber
    Diane L Gruber, Bankruptcy Attorney - West Linn, OR
    Posted about 1 year ago.

If you want to keep your doctor, I suggest paying him off, waiting 3 months, then filing bankruptcy. That way, you do not have to list him as a creditor. Good luck.