I work for a cleaning company and all the ladies do not feel safe in the vehicles they have to drive in.

Sunnyvale, CA |

The vehicles at times won't go on reverse or they often turn off or feel and sound really bad? Is it legal to send employees out in unsafe cars? Is there something that can be done?

1. The first obvious thing is to go to work for a different employer. It certainly sounds as if this is an unsafe business practice and puts the employees at risk. You can file a Complaint with the California State Board of Fair Housing and Employment.

I hope this is helpful.

John N. Kitta
    Fremont

If you have found this information helpful, please let the attorney know by marking best answer. Thank you. This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service.

Small business topics