I work for a Air Conditioner Comp and Injure my Left Shoulder last year instaling a a/c unit Which i had to have Surgery

Winter Park, FL |

Under a worker Comp Claim. After the surgery the Doctor put me on light duty, so my employer acomodate me doing office work and calls in the supply warehouse. so After the Doctor
release me at MMI with a 30 Percent impairment & permanent restrictions with no more than 5 pounds i settle my case with the condition of staying at my job which the Ins Agree.
so after 2 months my employer change the Ins Company and put me to work in the supply warehouse carring heavy materials in which i Injure my other Shoulder and have another claim that my boss isn't happy about. Question ? Didn't my Employer not Comply with my Restrictions,or is the Impairment a Disability and he violate under the Disabilities Act.

These are both excellent questions, however, an attorney will need to review the settlement documents and get a lot more factual information before an answer can be given. I hope that you had an attorney who represented you on your workers compensation claim and the negotiation of the settlement. You should contact your workers compensation attorney and present these questions to him or her. If you did not have one, now is the time to secure one.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

You have a new claim with a new Insurance company at the same employer. I am not sure your employer failed to accommodate you, but I understand that is your impression. After you file the second shoulder injury, if you REALLY want to give Human Resources a Rolaids moment you can settle out the Future medical on the first claim. Then if you re-injure it in the future, the new carrier can pick up the treatment. I guarantee that they will be VERY careful with your restrictions after you do that. ;-)

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.

You have a new injury to the other shoulder, and you should proceed accordingly.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Employment