I wonder if the attorney by taking a case personal and stop negociation without consulting petitioner had violated any ethics?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Fernando, CA

This is costudy case, the petitioner was not present she was all ways place by a conference call, But during the trial the judge ask the petitioner attorney and my self, to try to meke a any agreement before trial. While i was talking to the petitioner attorney. we started to negociate but only with the petitioner attorney. During this i told the attorney that i dint want my kid to travel back with this cussin of petitioner becase the petioner had told me that in the pass he had molested her little brother. I said if you dont belived me, ask her. The attorney got very upset she start it to be grumpy and loud saying , i cant belived you are saying that and other things then she wal away, said I cant wait to see you at the stand and walk away from negociation. Had she violated the ethics

1. 4

Best Answer

Answered . What you describe is not a breach of ethics.

2. 3

Answered . No. In nearly all cases you, as an opposing party representing yourself, have no basis to complain about the opposing attorney's ethics.

3. 3

Answered . No