I wonder if the attorney by taking a case personal and stop negociation without consulting petitioner had violated any ethics?

San Fernando, CA |
Filed under: Professional ethics

This is costudy case, the petitioner was not present she was all ways place by a conference call, But during the trial the judge ask the petitioner attorney and my self, to try to meke a any agreement before trial. While i was talking to the petitioner attorney. we started to negociate but only with the petitioner attorney. During this i told the attorney that i dint want my kid to travel back with this cussin of petitioner becase the petioner had told me that in the pass he had molested her little brother. I said if you dont belived me, ask her. The attorney got very upset she start it to be grumpy and loud saying , i cant belived you are saying that and other things then she wal away, said I cant wait to see you at the stand and walk away from negociation. Had she violated the ethics

What you describe is not a breach of ethics.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Alan James Brinkmeier

Alan James Brinkmeier

Good advice as usual.

No. In nearly all cases you, as an opposing party representing yourself, have no basis to complain about the opposing attorney's ethics.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

Thank you!!!

No

Michael Charles Doland

Michael Charles Doland

Thank you for your kind comment above. I am waiting for our next matter with Chicago in order to contact you! Have a great weekend!

Professional ethics topics