I won the DV Lottery 2013 but now my husband and my kids don't want to go. Can I go on the interview myself without my family?

Dallas, TX |

When applied to DV Lottery 2013 I included each member of my family when filling forms and each of us agreed to immigrate if we get approved. Now I have a date for an interview but my husband and my kids don't want to go to US. I still want to apply for me alone. Can I go on the interview myself alone without my family present at the time of the interview? Are there any chances that I may get approved? I couldn't find this information at USCIS instructions. Please give me your helpful advice. Thanks to all of you. God bless!

Yes

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Yes, you can go to the interview and get the visa.

BUT ... make sure that they are aware that 'changing their mind' is not going to be a realistic option.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Yes, of course you can.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Yes, of course. The Consul will surely ask for the family, but the bottom-line is that you are still entitled to the visa with, or without the family