Skip to main content

I won small claim court traffic accident now can i sue the looser insurance because i have money issue.

San Francisco, CA |

What is the next step because i don't understand why I claim around $6424 but the judgement $1652 and $72 court fee thanks.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If the "loser's insurer" denied liability and you were subsequently awarded a judgment against the other party, the insurer is required to pay you the amount of the judgment. You don't need to sue the insurer. They'll cut you a check for $1652 plus costs. The judge evidently felt that you were asking for about $5000 too much. Why were you asking this amount to begin with? You need to prove damages. Unfortunately, your stuck with the judgment amount.

My comments are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications through Avvo should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Lawyers are licensed to practice on a state by state basis; do not act on information contained on this website without first speaking to an attorney licensed to practice in your state.



First thanks for the answer I am asking this amount for my car lost $6000 b/c the parts estimate that but in blue book around $3600 fair condition mine was excellent condition beside 3 days lost of wages and medical expensses too she is the reason she hit me and she lied to the police and the report 50% at falut the judge find out whose falut is even i didn't go to hospital back again b/c I can't afford it every time i visit I have to pay from pocket I explain that too her falut but, I pay extra for public transport lost time money I don't think the judgment is not worth my lost what can I do now apeal get lawyer ? or what I wait your advice thanks for the time.


Apparently, in Small Claims Court the judge evaluated evidence you presented and he or she made a decision that the value of your claim was $1,652.00 and $72.00 in court fees. You need to get on the Internet and check out the insurance company in regard to potential assets. The easiest way to collect would probably be to find real estate they owned in the State of California and record an Abstract of Judgment as against that real estate. If I were in your position, that's what I would do.

I hope this is helpful.


Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer