I won case in small claims claims court. How do I go about having his driver's license suspended until he pays me?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

The driver hit my car and had no liability auto insurance. I had liability insurance but no uninsured motorists insurance. I won the case in small claims court and he was ordered to pay me.

1. Sean Michael Patrick

10

Answered . Contact the DMV with your judgement. You should also file an abstract of judgment with the court.

Best of luck.

2. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

8

Answered . Contact DMV and include copy of your judgment. Best of luck.

3. Michael Shemtoub

6

Answered . There are several ways to recover funds won in a case. I suggest you contact a local attorney for follow up.

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com

www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference