I won a small claims settlement against landlord, but she didn't pay. i dont know her bank account; what can i do to retrieve $?

Schenectady, NY |

here's the situation: i won a small claims settlement in schenectady, ny, against deadbeat ex-landlords for $360.00, but they haven't paid yet, and it's been the mandatory month period.

i dont have their bank accounts, but i was told if you know where they work that's enough to get the sheriff's office to force the judgement. is that true? also would knowing that they're simply "landlords" suffice as proof of income/job, or do I sadly need the specifics of their bank accounts?

is there ANYTHING i can do other than screwing with their credit? I REALLY need to get this money from them, not just financially, but to get justice as well, given all the crazy stress I've had to go through b/c of them.

i tried calling Legal Aid in my area but for some crazy reason they refused to answer me.

Perhaps legal aid has more weighty matters to consider, but you can visit a law library or even the court (ONLY to see if there are forms), and search out the topic of debtor's deposiiton or collection deposition. What you are doing is demanding limited discovery to find assets, like accounts. A local attorney can assist, but that may cost more than the debt. Search also as to enforcing a judgment. A judgment means that the person owes, and that may already affect credit.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

I dont think I appreciate you sayin they "have more weight matters to consider". That's just downright rude and disrespectful, and is clearly a smartass answer to a clearly serious question. Also, I'm not sure it was necessary to seriously capitalize "ONLY" as far as the "courts" are concerned. I'm pretty aware of what I can or can't do there buddy...

Barry Franklin Poulson

Barry Franklin Poulson

Hardly rude. You just have your own views, and are intolerant of other opinion. Here, legal aid is dealing with people being evicted from their homes, the custody of children, terrible wrongs by crooked contractors, and in general, tragedy. And yet, you call them "crazy" but think I am rude? The completion of a collection where you already have the judgment hardly compares. "Buddy?" And you are NOT rude? I capitalized ONLY to emphasize what our clerks post here, that is, while they sell the forms needed for collection phases (for a quarter) they cannot offer legal advice. I provided you with a good search term as to the later steps in collection, but you focus on what you disagree with.

lol no. im not even REMOTELY CLOSE to "intolerant" of ANYTHING. you dont even know me! this is a legal matter guy, not a city hall questionairre. they either help with matters like this, or they dont. lemme get this straight guy, i called you "buddy" and you find that rude? ONCE AGAIN, im not even remotely close to "rude". your so-called answer to my question was not helpful in the least bit, and "legal aid" is EXACTLY what it's supposed to be there for, AID IN LEGAL ADVICE. what are you even talking about? in general tragedy? lol are you talking about the cops or legal aid, you seem confused. hardly compared? yea youre just being a d*ck now. i came here for advice. not to be RUDELY and "INTOLERANTLY" lambasted by my grandfather who clearly took the time to respond to my question, only to say it "hardly compares". Screw you. My legal issues are just as important as anyone elses. If you dont like it, f*ck off and dont answer. It's as simple as that. And youre a criminal defense lawyer, why the hell are you even answering here, youre NOT qualified for small claims matters. Every other lawyer here has qualifications for this that you dont have. and as youll SEE if you even bother to look - i gave a thumbs up to EVERYONE elses answers BUT YOURS. i "disagree" with only YOU. maybe youre in denial, or incompetent, or just an old fart who gets his feelings hurt because a potential client finds your attitude disrespectful and unhelpful. Not my problem. Seriously who the f*ck answers a question they nonsensically find "not worthy" of "answering" in the first place. That's retarded; how the h*ell do you get clients then lol? You should've said nothing to begin with; would've had less stress of having to answer to your rudeness then. And yes Legal Aid is acting "crazy" when they treat clients like this. I've dealt with them before, and refuse to be treated like this, as I've always been patient and polite to them, not that I even have to be as its a public service...

Barry Franklin Poulson

Barry Franklin Poulson

Your characterization of the services offered by legal aid is incorrect. They have limited resources and try to spend them on important matters, such as people losing their homes, children, and livelyhood. They work hard, but because you characterize them as a public service, you think you have no obligation to treat them well. Lawyers do not appear in small claims matters, but collection is composed of steps, and I provided you with search terms for the next steps. For that, you have gone off into profanity because you think your small collection case is of monumental importance. It is a collection case - give up the drama.

lmfao. ONCE AGAIN you're being a d*ck. who the f*ck said i didnt treat them well. jesus you don't read so well. i specifically said i HAVE TREATED THEM WELL... and once again, who the hell said my "small collection case", which btw means ALOT to ME....is of "monumental importance". I said it was important TO ME. and my "characterization" of legal is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. i can guarantee ive dealt with them far more than you have. their job is to....wait for it....provide a public service, yes its PUBLIC....for those without the means to hire a private lawyer. small claims or "losing their homes", they should, as all GOOD lawyers should (which youre clearly NOT ONE) treat each case as important as the next. that's called good customer service. also you didnt "provide" me with jack sh*t. i haven't "gone off into profanity" b/c of anything other than you acting like a jerk who treats my specific case as nothing more than fodder for you to kick back and make fun of while you waste time as your assistant probably do all your work for you. and the only god*amn drama is coming from you. i treat people as they treat me. notice EVERY other comment i've made to THREE other lawyers has been in good taste, and ABSOLUTELY calm. YOU keep responding for NO REASON. face it, youre a d*ck. what I SHOULD do is call up the bar association and tell them your nonsensical feelings about small court claims, and how you've disrespected my case. I have your name. Thanks for that. I know your kind though. You probably talk down to your own damn clients.

i just have to add you really are an a*shole. to be such a fraud takes a lot of work. how dare you try and demean MY case, it means ALOT to me. i probably have more conviction, self dignity, and treat others far better than you ever have. shame on you for being such a tiny little man. if you had any idea how admininster "help" you would treat this case as important as anyone else's. it IS CLEARLY important. just screw off. youre clearly out of your element here. it's like me asking you about property tax law. you wouldnt have ANY idea what the hell youre talking about. know your role. and stop responding. its childish for someone whose probably in their 70's...

Barry Franklin Poulson

Barry Franklin Poulson

Hope you have enjoyed your obscene rant. Follow the search term I provided if you want to learn how to take the next step in your collections case.

lol it wasnt a rant, enjoy being a d*ck to your clients, I can tell you have WAY too much god*mn time on your hands. notice the other lawyers have only answered once, twice at most. you "disagreed" with my criticism of your attitude, and you dont like it. tough sh*t. youve answered 3x with long, tired excuses for YOUR behavior. your "search term" made no sense. the advice given by the previous guys were actually helpful. yours didn't say sh*t. you said to "search" at the library or civil court. lol that's like saying, i can't help you so do it yourself. YOURE A SUPPOSED CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY. how would you know anything about wage garnishment, small claims, or ANYTHING whatsoever. If I asked my legal aid defense attorny he'd tell me to ask a small claims lawyer. stop being a d*ck and admit youre not qualified for this. and stop talking to me. fyi: notice your lil blurb under your name. everyone elses is fairly polite and professional. yours is blunt, uncourteous, and almost defensive. im taking care of this myself. you're essentially dismissed. if i have questions ill ask someone ELSE. buh bye.

You can serve an information subpoena on the defendant.
You can give the matter to the Serfiff.
Did you ever pay by check? If so, the bank info would be on the cancelled check.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

no i didnt pay by check, will an "information" subpoena actually do anything though? b/c i want a sure-fire way to get my money...

Give the judgment to the sheriff and tell the sheriff what building they own.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

yea but will telling them that actually produce anything for me?

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Possibly. You don't know until you do it.

i left a message....well obviously i wouldnt "know" until i actually do it lol. but i was asking if that's a definite route to go, or if you weren't sure. i'll still be askin, but i'd like to know what what the best option is to ask about it. in case they don't seem to know as well.

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

The best option is file the judgment as a lien on the property and then give it to the Sheriff.

problem with that is that i have no interest in waiting like 30 years for them to sell their crappy property. i'd rather just have the sheriff's office garnish wages or w/e. Or atleast collect on property other than their house. That makes little sense for me specifically since I'm trying to collect it ASAP.

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

The sheriff then is your only option. Good luck.

well that's not exactly telling me anything more than i didn't already know. and btw, i just called them. BEYOND unhelpful. said i need to do an "income execution". all i have is their names, address, and the fact that shes a "landlady" at that exact location/address. they couldnt even tell me if that's enough to do it. is this even worth it at this point?

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Then it appears that your judgment may be a worthless piece of paper. There a group of individuals that find assets, and collect on judgments, for people that are unable to do it themselves. They're called attorneys. I've been trying to help you as have others, and I can assure you that I don't appreciate the attitude at all. So some research on post judgment subpoenas and post judgment depositions, and you might figure out a way to help yourself.

wow wtf are you talking about you f*ckin magnanimous PR*CK. what ATTITUDE are you even talkin about? ive been NOTHING short of ABSOLUTELY polite to you. are you insane? the only god*amn attitude right now is coming from only YOU. first off, my "judgement" isnt a "worthless" piece of ANYTHING....its perfectly legit and binding, so stfu. i dont appreciate you trying to demean my "case", just b/c you can't help any further. yea they're called "attorneys"....drop the f*ckin snively attitude. passive aggressiveness and fakely trying to talk down to people who can perfectly "help themselves" already is what kids do. is it me or do all old people like you have a wrench up your ass. I've done my f*ckin "research". i was looking for actually INTELLIGENT advice. all you've told me is hogwash I already knew. You didn't even respond to my godamn question about income execution. And dont speak about "others", you speak only for yourself.

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Best of luck to your landlady.

And thats why youre an assh*le. "She's" gonna have nothing but BAD LUCK kiddo. So f*ck you. Best of luck to the Bar Association when they investigate you for malconduct, etc. I really REALLY hope they wrap you up in preceedings for the rest of your soon to be extremely short sh*tty career. Oh and I'm sure lots of people have complained about you before. You're clearly a pathetic, sh*tty "lawyer", and if you had ANY f*ckin clue how to do your godamn job you might've mentioned: Bank levy Wage Garnishment Judgement Debtor Exam You clearly are a f*ckin hack who likes to be disrespectful as hell when someone doesn't take your sh*tty attitude. In real life, I'd punch you in the face if you acted like such a little pr*ck for no reason to me. But of course I prefer the legal way ;. Enjoy the investigation. I'm sure I will. ;. Oh and if

you keep up the passive aggressive fake pathetic attitude, I'll just keep copying and pasting this to the bar association. :.p Little old people and their sticks up their ass. Pff, typical...

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

You don't have the standing to institute anything with the bar association, and all I'd have to do is show them the foul languaged low class dirt bag that you are to end any inquiry You can keep copying and pasting this to the bar association all you want. BTW I'm having AVVO transmit your threat to the Buffalo Police, and they do know who you are.

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

And You can't levy if you don't know the bank. You can't garnish a "landlady" since she's self-employed and will be non-responsive, and I previously mentioned judgment debtor exam, but since the court reporter will cost you $400, its not necessarily a great option.

once again DOUCHEBAG, the only god*amn "low class dirt bag" is YOU f*g. typical napoleon complex you have there. what threat you f*ckin retard? ahaha. you mean that i said if this were real life, i'd wanna punch you in the face, but that i prefer legal ways? yea good LUCK with that MORON. you mean the NON THREAT that occurred. im gonna contact the Buffalo Police MYSELF and have you ARRESTED for making a FALSE police report, and you'll need a "LAWYER" YOURSELF. Oh and I happen to know the D.A. in my area, and his ADA on a first name basis, and I'll be SURE to give him your name and make SURE youre investigated for whatever fake complaint you make. Also IDIOT - you can't make a police report without A.) a person's basic information and B.) without being in the same jurisdiction. I'm nowhere NEAR you retard. You have NO information on me, yet I have EVERYTHING on you. Course we both know youre talking fake sh*t as usual, and as an officer of the court you've shown yourself to be the ONLY godamm "low class dirt bag" here. How dare you even TRY and talk that lame nonsensical disrespectful crap to me.

I seriously can't believe a so-called freakin LAWYER doesn't know the BASIC tenets of making a police report, a fake one that won't ever happen at that. You'd need to subpoena this website to get my Ip address (good luck with that kid, wont EVER happen in a MILLION years), but on top of that, you'd also have to subpoena my ISP (uh oh, I use my landlady's internet service, therefore you have ZERO shot at finding out squat!). Oh and lastly, the police would never waste 3 seconds filling out a bullsh*t false police report, b/c you'd have to provide this website, where I said SPECIFICALLY "if", "in real life", "but prefer legal ways". You're a pathetic excuse for a lawyer, and I'm contacting the Bar Association RIGHT NOW to show them that you plan on making an ILLEGAL SPITEFUL FALSE REPORT to the cops in your area. Now YOU really screwed up. THAT'S grounds for a suspension of your license, given that youre committing a misdemeanor, not to mention WHILE in conflict with a potential CLIENT. I wouldnt hire you if you paid me 5 grand. If getting arrested for filing a false police report makes you feel better about having a small penis, that's your problem, not mine. Oh, and you never ONCE mentioned "judgement debtor exam" I MENTIONED that myself, b/c you're too obtuse to. And yea you CAN "levy" a bank douchebag. It's called a bank execution form. Figured you'd know that, guess not.... lmfao moron. good luck with the misdemeanor charges. hope you have a criminal lawyer that's better than you.

btw: i live at 551 Bunker Hill st. in Charlestown, Mass. Stop by any time. You know where to find me. *rolls eyes* good luck with gettin that license suspended jackass. ;.)

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

If you live in Charleston Mass, you should not have filed this under an upstate NY address, since enforcing Massachusetts judgments is different than New Yok Judgments. BTw there is no 551 Bunker Hill Street Charlestown Mass.

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

get back on your meds.

lmfao my "meds". youre just asshurt b/c youre too stupid to even understand basic criminal law that any undergrad could understand. and yet AGAIN douche the ONLY godamn one who needs to "get back on their meds" is YOU. you RANDOMLY get defensive and disrespectful out of NOWHERE. like i said, napoloeon complex most likely due to being beat as a kid and/or having a small penis. quite the contrary, ive taken enough advanced level psych classes to know when im talking to some idiot off his anti-depressants and thats YOU and only you. the only "meds" i take is called zolpidem. its a sleep medication. i'd bet you 1000 bucks you take not only that (which about 50% of the population takes) but atleast 2 or 3 other psychiatric meds. its pretty obvious by now. also, who said I ever revealed where this incident REALLY took place. small claims is the same basically EVERYWHERE. how the hell you think creditors sue people nation wide. and of course there isn't a 551 bunker hill street you idiot. jesus youre sad. i know YOUR address though ;. dumbest thing to do is talk fake sh*t to someone when youre COMPLETELY revealed. like i said dumb*ss, enjoy the bar association taxing that ass with a suspension. and i personally contacted "avvo" myself letting them know that youre a hack, and have fake threatened false police reports. btw avvo has no legal right or obligation to make "reports" to ANYONE without a subpoena. get back on your depakote old man.

i also told them that you keep harassing me on here way past "answering questions"... a true sissy fake threatens police reports when the EXACT opposite of a "threat" happened - i "threatened" legal action. what's sad is when you realize i know more about the court system than you do. i hope your "agency" sees how you talk to potential clients. maybe i'll email them myself, show them what a f*ckin hack you are. whats a matter - are you gonna make another false police report about "stalking" now. lol refresh your entry level lawbook geezer. you have NO precedent for ANYTHING. grow up and leave me alone, its getting pathetic now.

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

I don't take any meds, not even zolpedim. BTW zolpedim should only be used for short term periods (six weeks max). If you have been on it longer than that it can be quite dangerous. You gave away the basic information Avvo needs to track you down when you asked for a telephone call from attorneys, and since you've made threats they are taking care of it for me. If you don't respond to this message, you'll never hear from me again, unless you post, and I happen to answer.

lmfao. there was no threat idiot. and avvos not "taking care" of jack sh*t. dont worry i plan on suing you anyways. youre liable for god knows how many infringements on my personal identity, and avvo cant possibly be that stupid to release someones information without a subpoena. thanks for pissing me off to the point now where i plan on burying you. first thing ive done is forward ALL OF THIS to the bar association. second thing im doing is contacting the bufallo pd and let them know you plan on making false retarded allegations based on your imagination only...b/c youre clearly insane and a p*ssy. third thing im doing is contacting my ada and asking him if he can put a cease and desist on the "owners" of avvo. course i know youre full of sh*t, and blowing smoke up my ass. SHOW ME THE THREAT DUMB*SS. please, show me. youre so mature right? you keep answering? lol. youre just butthurt b/c everything ive said is 100% spot on. i cant WAIT till you beg me to drop the charges. seriously...you REALLY messed up and youre f*ckin with the wrong guy. like i said retard, I already emailed avvo.....and btw, i have YOUR phone number too. the number i listed was my cousin's phone....youll get absolutely NOWHERE with that. and can tell for a fact you dont know ANYONE associated with "avvo". keep it though, you're gonna lose...and keep losing. i gotta run, unlike you i have a life. and zolpidem can be taken for ANY period of time, and "dangerous' LOL. first youre a hack "lawyer" and now youre showing you dont know ANYTHING about psychiatry or biochemistry. its perfectly safe. what a tool.

course what the cops WOULD SAY is.....if you THINK someones "dangerous"....dont keep antagonizing them. that makes you just as guilty. its called a cross complaint dumb f*ck. learn your law. i think ill press charges at my local pd myself, just for the hell of it. HARASSMENT CHARGES. i told you to leave me alone explicitly, you refuse to. textbook harassment. every single time you respond, i'll take a trip to my pd and add it in an addendum. i know what im doing, you DONT idiot.

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Time for more meds.

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

BTW, you really need to read the warning on Ambien. Its not supposed to be prescribed for more than 1 thirty period.

LMFAO once again the ONLY godamn guy here who CLEARLY needs meds is your OCD, insecure, moronic, disrespectful, and hacky ass. Keep talkin sh*t though dipshit. Speakin of which, I stepped into the PD today. Pushed harassment charges against you. I'll be updating it this week for every single thing you say retard. I also emailed the bar association. and there is no "warning" period, but seeing as how you try and act like you "know" something about meds, I'm guessing you see a shrink weekly, and probably are on a slew of antipsychotics. Keep it up I f*ckin DARE YOU b*tch. G'head, I DARE you to press fake charges in "Buffalo" and see what happens. This is too hilarious. A lawyer so stupid he doesn't even know the law, and gets his ass in trouble. Go take your ass to your doc and get that depakote refilled homo. Like I said, reverse psychology doesnt work on someone whose clearly more of a man than you. Hey maybe the bar will make you seek actual therapy with a good shrink this time...

Btw, how's that phone number workin out for you creep. You like fake threatenin potential clients b/c they think youre a jerk? LOL. I'm surprised someone else HASN'T punched you in the face. Describing someone's feelings followed by clear intent to push legal action instead is not only perfectly legal, it's called FREEDOM OF SPEACH idiot. You can't and won't win this. There is no police report from you, there is no phone # (b/c avvo would get massively SUED by me and they probably could give a sh*t about you), and there was no physical threat, although there is a TON of legal threats coming your way. Maybe you should just get laid and get a life kid. It's pretty sad, I thought you had a job lmfao. Not for long! ;.

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

?

keep playin games old man. lol trolling and harassing me nonstop is gonna end up fuckin your career and life up. by the end of week you'll have the pd and bar to answer to as to why you act like such a little d*cked child to a potential client seeking innocent advice. rethink your obligations. im sure you have a family...maybe. you think they need a dad out of work and in jail for harassment charges. carries up to a 2 year sentence dumbass. ;. this is causing me undue stress......or atleast that's what i'll tell the buffalo d.a. :.p

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Seriously, its not me causing you undue stress, its the ambien. You may have a significant malpractice action against your physician. Get to a different physician. Good Luck. I'm not going to be responding any further.

lmfao sure you are f*g. and theres nothing wrong with my "physician" but there sure as sh*t is something wrong with you and w/e antipsychtic meds your idiot doctors not prescribing you. take your passive aggressive, pathetic, childish, little tiny d*cked weasely ass lil comments and shove them up your ass. the problem, is that you have mental issues. lol you call yourself a "professional". kid i have ZERO respect for you. you already COMPLETELY screwed yourself over.

i asked you to leave me the hell alone atleast 3x; what kind of self respecting "lawyer" behaves like such a piece of sh*t like you do. and no its you and ONLY godamn you thats causing this "stress". i'll have to call nassau county's bar assoc. in the morning. i wont be treated disrespectfully by such "low class" FILTH like you. Everything you've said's been documented. Expect to get your ass in serious trouble over this. as much as i'd f*ckin LOVE to, punching you in your ugly ass old fat wrinkled face is probably less effective than just getting you disbarred and arrested for harassment, etc. so that's just what we'll have to do kiddo ;. now f*ck off please and make sure to see your shrink. you need some extremely accute help d*ckless. ;.)

P.S. ASSH*LE, maybe next time you should learn the freakin difference between the DESIRE to punch someone in the face, and actually threatening to do it. like i said, would i like to do it sure. am i going to? na i think I'll settle for legal ways to screw you over instead. beat cha at your own game kinda deal. ;.

You can docket the judgment against their property and it would be a lien. Ifmthey try to sell it , then it would need to be satisfied. Legal aid does not handle civil judgment cases. If you know other tenants in the building , then try to find what bank has their security deposit, probably the landlord has an account there.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

sadly i only had the # for one other guy that lived there, and he essentially unhelpful at best, and probably wouldn't give me any info anyways. he was a jerk who stood by while these crazy landlords tried to abuse their rights with me. the difference was that i stood up for myself and wouldn't take it. anyways i have no idea why you'd try to say "legal aid doesnt handle civild judgement cases" - OF COURSE THEY DO! I know for a fact they do.....it's just really ridiculous and shady that they wouldn't answer my question; they said there was "conflicting" issues there. So I'm guessing either those deadbeat crazy landlords called in as well (who knows), or perhaps theyre just abtuse and inept over there. But they did take down all my info, and told me specifically they handle small claims man...

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Did legal aid go with you to small claims court as your attorney or did they have another attorney represent you because of a conflict?

no i represented myself obviously and won. i did ALOT of paper work, and had my ducks in a row. im not sure if your question is being defensive regarding my comment about knowing that legal aid does in fact give advice about small claims, or if youre really asking me that. legal aid doesnt represent per say, but they do and HAVE TO give "advice" if you ask them. THEY WOULDNT EVEN ANSWER MY QUESTION! that's just ridiculous. all i wanted was freakin bare-bones advice. im super pissed that they couldn't or refused to help me b/c some "conflict", which they weren't even WILLING to explain to me. and there isn't even a supervisor's # to complain....it's absolutely ridiculous. that's why i had to come on here...

My colleagues all correctly point out that you have a number of options available to enforce your judgment, from restraining bank accounts to liens against real property, among others. These remedies have up-front expense involved, which can be significant relative to the amount owed. Did you already send a letter by regular and certified mail to this landlord asking for payment? Try asking the landlord to pay voluntarily before you take any other steps.

This communication is intended only to provide general information. No attorney-client relationship is created.

well obviously man if i knew or even THOUGHT they'd be willing to "pay voluntarily" i'd have contacted them by now. you have to realize, these people are crazy and helped destroy a small part of my life last year. they screwed me over financially by not giving back my security, and i had to leave b/c of threats of violence (again, they're crazy). i'm currently trying to get them arrested. that said, a lien makes no sense of course. takes years. i can't "restrain" anything, b/c as I've said I dont have their bank #'s. i guess the only last thing I can do is income execution. but I don't know anything else besides the landlady's name, address, and job as a landlady (same location as address). no idea what to do...

Michael C. Wild

Michael C. Wild

I'm sorry you aren't satisfied with my suggestion. Please consider hiring an attorney for help. There is a find a lawyer feature on this website. Additionally, you could try the New York State Bar Association's lawyer referral service. If your county has a lawyer referral service, that may also be an option.

thats ok my man. atleast you were fairly professional about this, providing you weren't actually being sarcastic with your answer here like Jefferey Gold has been. I've done some digging myself. I think I'll be ok. :.p Appreciate trying to help though.