I won a monetary default judgment against the condo homeowners association in small claims court.

Asked over 1 year ago - Albany, NY

Can I deduct the judgment amount from my monthly fees I pay to the homeowners association?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Jayson Lutzky


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . No. If you know the bank's location, then that is one remedy. You can also serve an information subpoena to locate assets.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate... more
  2. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No. But you should know where they bank - just look at your cancelled check - and serve a restraining notice and information subpoena. Once the bank responds you have the Sherriff execute on the Judgment.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,338 answers this week

3,018 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,338 answers this week

3,018 attorneys answering