I won a monetary default judgment against the condo homeowners association in small claims court.

Albany, NY |

Can I deduct the judgment amount from my monthly fees I pay to the homeowners association?

No. If you know the bank's location, then that is one remedy. You can also serve an information subpoena to locate assets.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

No. But you should know where they bank - just look at your cancelled check - and serve a restraining notice and information subpoena. Once the bank responds you have the Sherriff execute on the Judgment.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Recommended articles about Real estate