I withdrew approximately 1000.00 from checking acct. the bank toke it twice and refuses to give it the other withdrawal back.

Toledo, OH |

I filed a fraud report with them after being given the run around. And a police report. The police deparment note inaddition that the sequence numbers on the withdrawal slip was transpose and did not mathch with the times of when they were supposedly withdrawn. I thought it was an error but the came up with an extra withdrawal slip and now I know I was defrauded. They assumed my identy and refuses to give me my money. What should i do?

1. Take the police report, fraud report, and your copies of the transaction and go to the bank branch and ask to speak iwth the manager. This is a customer service issue and you should treat it as such. Be polite but persistent and make it clear that unless this is straightened out, you'll hire a lawyer to do it, and will take your banking business elsewhere.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.