Skip to main content

I wish to apply for a waiver from the FDIC so that I can work in the banking industry.

Seattle, WA |

I have two counts, class A misdemeanor of theft under $500 that I pled to over a year ago with 2 years probation. The judge terminated my probation over a year early. I know I do not fit the de minimis criteria with the FDIC with two counts, however I understand there is another avenue I can pursue. I have been offered positions with several banks, only to get denied due to FDIC rules. What are my choices in this matter and what can I do to proactively obtain an FDIC waiver before I waste everyone's time and apply for employment at another banking institution?? By the way, the misdemeanors are on record in St Louis Missouri.

Attorney Answers 3


You might want to speak to a criminal defense attorney in St. Louis familiar with the MO procedures for expunging misdemeanor convictions, if there are any. It may be that you can ask a MO court to vacate or expunge your convictions which, if successful, would remove the convictions from your criminal history.

You should also speak with an attorney in the Seattle area familiar with banking law. That person should be able to tell you if it is possible to get the sort of job you want and if so, how.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


I suggest you contact the attorney who represented you on the theft charges in Missouri. Ask that attorney if you are able to get the convictions vacated or dismissed due to satisying all of your probation requirements early. Best of luck to you.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Get a lawyer.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics