I will be unable to attend my 341 meeting due to moving from Virginia to Hawaii

Asked over 1 year ago - Newport News, VA

I am an active duty military dependent that is filing for CH. 7. I will be moving before my 341 meeting. Would this be considered extraordinary circumstances as I am fully dependent on the active duty member and have to move?

1. Jason Meyer Krumbein

3

Answered . You need to contact your attorney. Usually, the trustee and US Trustee will agree to allow you to appear by telephone.
    You will need to have a notary public fill out a form.
    Your new assignment should be no problem for getting this done. All that should be necessary is a copy of your orders and a quick letter requesting the telephone hearing.
    Your lawyer will have all the relevant forms and requests.

2. Diane L Gruber

Pro

1

Answered . This is a unique situation. Call your attorney ASAP so that he/she can contact the BK trustee to make special arrangements. Good luck.

3. Christopher Leroy Wesner

Pro

1

Answered . You should contact your attorney quickly so that he or she can get in contact with the trustee in your case. You may also be permitted to have a person with intimate knowledge of your situation appear on your behalf if you are truly unable to attend and have executed a power of attorney for this situation. I have never had the need to utilize this myself, and would imagine that the ability to accomplish this would vary by the trustee's level of trust given all of the circumstances surrounding your case. Your attorney should be able to give you sound answers after speaking with your trustee, contact him immediately.