I will be receiving a check from my dead fathers agent orange settlement.right now my two children get public assistance.

Ironton, OH |

I was just wondering if the state will take my settlement money to pay for the time my children have received assistance. They have told me that as soon as I get the check to come down & they would let me know what they would do.my dad fought for his settlement for ten years,agent orange was the reason he had the health problems that took his life. Do they have the right to take it?

1. Most likely they ar enot entitled to it as your father would have had no suppport obligation towards your chi;ldren, but I would check with a lwayer in your state or someone at the VA

Sonya Mittelman is aNew York attorney and hence her answers ar ebased on New Yotrk Law. Please seek advice from acompetant attorney in youru own state

Wills and estates topics