Skip to main content

I will be attending a contempt of court hearing tomorrow for my ex husbands non payment of child support for the last 5 years.

Saint Paul, MN |

The case is in Anoka County in Minnesota. Will I be asked any questions, or able to dispute if he tells inncorect statements?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Generally, you will be asked questions first to prove that he failed to pay child support for the last five years and then he can get up and try to prove you wrong. That's when he can be cross-examined to show he's lying (if he is) or is mistaken. You then get an opportunity to testify again if needed to refute anything he says wasn't said earlier by you.

Good luck.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer