I will apply for I-864 form as immigration sponsor what is the minimum period to put my money in my bank account

Asked about 1 year ago - Usa, Mobile, AL

What is the minimum period that my money should be in my bank account before I apply I-864 I am the petitioner and sponsoring my husband and child only , I have no Job just I will sell my assets in Egypt due to Egypt unrest and will put it in my US bank account I already applied for I-130 last month , it will be 5 x times 19.530 x 5 poverty-guideline

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . Talk to a lawyer. You seem not to understand the concept.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . You will need to keep the money in your account until they get their green cards.

3. Jeremy Brian Love

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. There is really no set time that you need to have it there before filing the I-864. You just need to prove that it's there. To avoid fraud issues, you'll need to leave it there throughout the process.

4. Wasleed Ghuneim

3

Answered . When filing your I-864, the NVC or USCIS will want to see proof of the cash value of your accounts. There is no telling how long you have to keep the money in your account because they very well may ask to see an updated account information sheet at the interview. You should consult with an immigration attorney to get more details on this case. You don't want to put the money in and take it out because that could be considered fraud. Consult an attorney and she'll be able to answer your question much better.