I whish to known which category code "question" should I use in my application for work authorization I'm in removal proceeding

Asked over 1 year ago - Newark, NJ

I'm doing cancellation of removal 240A(b) and I don't known which code I need to use in question "16" application for work authorization

1. F. J. Capriotti III

6

Answered . I know that you probably won't like this answer.

But, I must state: you REALLY NEED A LAWYER ... Cancellation of Removal is VERY DIFFICULT to prove and win.

If you are low income go here: www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm or http://www.immigrationlawhelp.org/

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . If you have or are about to apply for cancellation relief on your own, forget it, don't even bother. You will never be approved, your application for employment authorization will be denied, and so will everything else. Spare yourself the trouble, don't even bother.

3. Eric M. Mark

Pro

4

Answered . Cancellation of removal is more than just showing you've been in the us for ten years and have a child or spouse. It requires much more than that to prove the extreme and unusual hardship necessary to win your case. Doing this without a lawyer is almost guaranteed to result in losing. If remaining in the us is important to you, it should be worth a few thousand dollars for a lawyer so you have a chance to remain. Many lawyers will work with you in a payment plan.

4. Christopher Daniel Leroi

4

Answered . I agree with both of my colleagues that you don't stand a chance without an immigration attorney.