I whish to known which category code "question" should I use in my application for work authorization I'm in removal proceeding

Newark, NJ |

I'm doing cancellation of removal 240A(b) and I don't known which code I need to use in question "16" application for work authorization

I know that you probably won't like this answer.

But, I must state: you REALLY NEED A LAWYER ... Cancellation of Removal is VERY DIFFICULT to prove and win.

If you are low income go here: www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm or http://www.immigrationlawhelp.org/

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

If you have or are about to apply for cancellation relief on your own, forget it, don't even bother. You will never be approved, your application for employment authorization will be denied, and so will everything else. Spare yourself the trouble, don't even bother.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

GET OUT HERE, DON'T BE ANOTHER STUPID LAWER , I GOT MY CASE REMANDED FROM THE THIRD CIRCUIT I KNOWN WHAT I'M TALK ABOUT IT , OF COURSE I WILL GONNA HIRE A LAWER NOT A STUPID ONE

I agree with both of my colleagues that you don't stand a chance without an immigration attorney.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

Cancellation of removal is more than just showing you've been in the us for ten years and have a child or spouse. It requires much more than that to prove the extreme and unusual hardship necessary to win your case. Doing this without a lawyer is almost guaranteed to result in losing. If remaining in the us is important to you, it should be worth a few thousand dollars for a lawyer so you have a chance to remain. Many lawyers will work with you in a payment plan.

Recommended articles about Immigration