I went today for my final interview for naturalization. everything went well. I signed all the papers, but got denied.

Asked over 1 year ago - Seattle, WA

He told me it was because I had to be physically present in the United States for 813 days . Which I have . But I was OUT for 813 . I believe he got confused . , ( i was present in the US for more than one thousand days ) . Anyways , he told me he was going to review . , but I am sure he will deny it . What should I do ?

1. Barbara A Marcouiller

Pro

8

1

Answered . Don't be so sure he'll deny--bad energy. He may review it, and figure out it's fine. If not, then you will get a written decision with the express reason for the denial. In that case I'd have a consultation with an attorney just to verify everything. If it is all correct, and the reason given in the written decision is clearly wrong, then file the appeal.

2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

6

1

Answered . You should consult an experienced immigration attorney. The attorney can review your application and assess your eligibility. Assuming you are correct, the attorney could submit a brief memorandum on your behalf specifically addressing this issue. They can also assess your chances of success on a petition for rehearing, if necessary.

3. J Charles Ferrari

5

Answered . You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

4. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

6

Answered . That's right: don't be so pessimistic. I hope the officer can count, even though sometimes they do make mistakes. So, hope for the best, and if gets denied, APPEAL!! But not before you review your documents with an attorney. Good luck!