I went to the dentist and was told by them that i was covered for a procedure, they said i also had enough left over to cover

Asked 12 months ago - Wallkill, NY

then month later i received a bill to be paid ,i feel this was not fair i asked if i should call my insurance they said there was no need everything was alright. iWhat should i do i also have a union where i work

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . Call your insurance carrier. The problem you have is I assume you don't have the dentist's statement in writing and you likely signed a form making you responsible for whatever insurance doesn't cover -- most doctors/dentists have patients sign such a form.

2. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

1

Answered . definitely call your insurer to see if the dentist also submitted the bill to the carrier for payment and if not, will it be covered if ;you send it to the carrier yourself.