I went to the dentist and was told by them that i was covered for a procedure, they said i also had enough left over to cover

Wallkill, NY |

then month later i received a bill to be paid ,i feel this was not fair i asked if i should call my insurance they said there was no need everything was alright. iWhat should i do i also have a union where i work

1. Call your insurance carrier. The problem you have is I assume you don't have the dentist's statement in writing and you likely signed a form making you responsible for whatever insurance doesn't cover -- most doctors/dentists have patients sign such a form.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. definitely call your insurer to see if the dentist also submitted the bill to the carrier for payment and if not, will it be covered if ;you send it to the carrier yourself.