I went to my marriage based green card interview.

Sacramento, CA |

Officer kept my I 94 card. Can she do that even we had submitted copy of I 94

1. Yes, generally this a good sign but you should wait for your decision.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Yes, they will normally take it during the interview.

FORMER USCIS AND DEPARTMENT OF STATE EMBASSY OFFICER -- Khurgel Immigration Law Firm -- 4199 Campus Drive, Suite 550 Irvine, CA 92612. Email: info@khurgel.com Office: (949) 509-6515 Direct: (949) 535-6331 Fax: (949) 509-6599. Kindly note that this blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is simply an internet blog. Do not rely on information here (which, in my opinion is sometimes dubious) to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. Yes. They usually keep the original.

4. Yes, and she did.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

5. No need to worry, this is normal.

This is general information and not legal advise. This communication does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

6. As others have said, CIS will take the original I-94 at the interview. Why? DHS wants originals of this government document returned to them because presumably you don't need it any more (hope you have a copy) and by taking an original I-94 out of circulation it helps minimize fraudulent use if it falls into the wrong hands. That is also why they take your plastic alien resident card from an applicant for naturalization

Marriage and prenups topics