I went to motion to vacate hearing. The judge didn't schedule new hearing?

Manteca, CA |

I went to motion to vacate hearing. The persons husband signed the proof of service. The person said they didn't get it. The judge didn't rehear the matter of the intial caseor make a future court date. He said we both would get answer in the mail. What does this indicate?

It indicates the judge has all the information and evidence which he or she needs, and has taken the matter "under submission". The court determined that there is no need to have another hearing. The judge will provide a written decision, usually within the next few days (but it could take up to 90 days).

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This Avvo.com posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.

Kevin Samuel Sullivan

Kevin Samuel Sullivan

the judge will send a ruling in the mail and set a further hearing if necessary in that order.

Judges often prefer to make rulings and send them via mail instead of in open court. This is very common in cases where individuals represent themselves, especially in Small Claims court cases.
The judge will make his decision based on the information provided by the parties and send out written notice. If he intends to set a new hearing, it will be in his decision.

Kevin Samuel Sullivan

Kevin Samuel Sullivan

i agree with this answer. This is especially true with pro per litigants in my experience.