I went to mexico and im on probation and missed court can i get arrested in mexico?

Buford, GA |

its a first affender po with only 1 yr left but can i get arrested in mexico for this?i also missed court and my friend signed my bond with his house will he lose his house please help thankyou

1. yes you could get arrested in Mexico although that is not likley to happen......what is more likley to happen is that if there is a warrant for your arrest you will be detained as you re-enter the United States.....better yet, was your travel outside the US approved by your PO....hopefully it was or that may become another issue for you.....also, sounds like you have another case pending if someone has signed a bond for you; and yes, should you fail to appear in court and a judgment is issued against you then the surety on the bond would be required to pay (your friend's house could be sold at auction if the cash is not given to the court). It would be in your interest to consult an attorney as soon as possible. Feel free to contact me should you need. With regards,

P. Darrell Kimbrell

2. I agree that you may be arrested for missing court once you come back to the U.S. You need an attorney to try to recall that warrant and keep the bond in place.