I went to hospital for back pain. I was X-rayed and sent home. I returned later with a more severe problem. Can I be reimbursed?

Asheboro, NC |

I had back pain . I went to the emergency room because I didn't know where else to go . I received an X - ray and then was advised it was a muscle spasm , take an ibuprofen , and go home . A week later , I couldn't walk . I returned to the emergency room . A different doctor examined me and gave me a prescription and advised me to see a neurologist . After further investigation , it was discovered I had 2 bulging disks and one ruptured disk which caused sciatica . I had to take time off of work , it affected my performance , I had to pay 2 emergency room visits , etc . etc . It was about eight years ago and my back still isn't right and still affects me every day .

1. If the failure to properly diagnose occurred 8 years ago, I believe you are likely barred by the statute of limitations.

T. Shawn Howard
    www.maginnislaw.com

The information provided should not be considered legal advice and does not create an attorney client relationship. I am not licensed to practice in any State other than North Carolina. The results of your case will depend on the presentation of evidence, the law and other factors that may change depending on an in depth analysis of the facts of the case. Please see an attorney before making legal decisions.

2. I believe the statute of limitations has passed. Sorry.

3. Unless you were a minor, it looks like you may have waited too long.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com