I went to court for 2 felony charges when I was 13 I am 21 years old now can I own a firearm

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sun City, CA

The charges were possession of stolen property and intent to sell said stolen property. I as riding a motorcycle and Washington stooped by a sheriff where she then found out the bike was stolen the owner of the motorcycle dropped charges as he was a friend of the family

1. Greg Hagopian

Pro

4

Answered . Yes. First of all a juvenile conviction would not prevent you from owning a firearm (there are a few non-relevant exception) Second of all, only a criminal conviction would affect your gun rights, and your case was dropped. You're good to go for a background check.

2. Sean Anthony Brady

3

Answered . Just submit a Personal Firearms Eligibility Check (PFEC) with the California DOJ along with $20 and they will tell your status for sure. But based on what you said you should be ok.

Michel & Associates, PC
    Firearms Attorneys
    (562) 216-4444

3. Michael Douglas Shafer

1

Answered . First step is to be sure your juvenile records in Wash. are sealed. Second step is to check with local counsel down your way-it should be gratis.

4. Robert C. Keller

1

Answered . You should have an attorney run a background check first and then have them review the local requirements. Good luck.