I went to a doctor due to back pain & he wrote a script for the proper desk & chair. I still don't have what was prescribed

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tallahassee, FL

(continued from above) on the script and it has been months. Have been enduring a lot of pain, had to go another doctor and now Physical Thereapy. I believe they are legally obligated to accomodate me. Live in Florida and work for the State. Thank you.

1. Marian Audrey Lindquist

1

Answered . Who do you believe is legally obligated to buy your desk and chair, and why?

2. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . If you are a member of a State employees Union, contact your shop Steward, who certainly can assist you. If you are not a union member, I suggest you speak to your supervisor or personnel department. You should make it clear that you are asking for this accommodation under the ADA and any applicable similar state statute. Failing all that, contact an employment attorney in your area.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

1

Answered . I don;t understand your predicament. Who is it that you believe is obligated to help?

4. David McCormack

1

Answered . Who is legally required to accomodate you, with what, and why?