I went to a dentist more than a week ago. On getting there I told her I felt some sensitivity in my rear tooth and she looked at

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

it and said there's nothing wrong and there are no cavities. Then I told her I was getting braces and have already consulted an orthodontist and he said I should get the tooth in the back removed since there's no room for it. Instead of her referring me to an oral surgeon after she did an x-ray and concluded that the root of the tooth is snaked in her own words, she sat me down in that chair for 4hrs banging on my tooth and other teeth and sometimes leaving me in the room and taking breaks and making calls while I was in pain. Then she said I don't i think I can do this anymore but I will refer you to someone else. On getting there, the surgeon only took 20 minutes and he was done, but now have been having pain and migraine for more than a week and can't sleep or talk.

1. Gregory Scott Gennarelli

Pro

3

Answered . Unless you have some sort of permanent injury, it is probably a case that most attorneys would not pursue. Not only do you have to show that the dentist failed to adhere to the relevant standards of care, but that you are worse off as a result of any alleged negligent act the dentist committed. You complaints now could be the regular sequelae of a pulled tooth. That said, you should consult with a local attorney if you feel wronged.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . Even assuming the dentist was negligent, it does not sound like your damages are sufficient to warrant a dental malpractice suit becuase they are very costly to pursue. As for removing a tooth for the braces, I recently had braces and my orthodontist wanted to remove healthy teeth to make it easier for him but I wouldn't allow it and everything went fine.

Pro

2

Answered . Without damages, a lawsuit would be fruitless. I'm glad that you are OK, and good luck with the braces.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com