I WENT SLIGHTLY OVER THE RIGHT SIDE WHITE LINE A COUPLE OF TIMES, NEVER OFF OF F ON THE SHOULDER ON A 3 LANE HWY. CENTER LANE

Mabank, TX |

I had just made a left turn onto this hiway. I WENT SLIGHTLY OVER THE RIGHT SIDE WHITE LINE A COUPLE OF TIMES, NEVER OFF OF F ON THE SHOULDER ON A 3 LANE HWY. CENTER LANE IS A TURN LANE. MY CAR PULLS TO THE RIGHT AND I HAD DROPPED SOMETHING AND WAS FUMBLING FOR IT IN THE CAR SEAT. i ALWAYS HAD COMPLETE CONTROL OF THE CAR . I SHOULD NOTE THERE IS NO SHOULDER THERE TO PULL OVER ONTO. iT IS MOSTLY DITCH. I HAVE A GOOD DRIVING RECORD AND ALWAYS OWN UP TO MY TICKETS IF I KNOW I AM IN THE WRONG.. I BELEIEVE THIS TICKET WAS UNJUSTLY ADMINISTERED SINCE THE TRAFFIC CODE IS PRETTY VAGUE ABOUT THE RIGHT SIDE WHITE LINE OF A MARKED LANE. TX . TRANSPORTATTION CODE SEC. 546.060. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIGHT THIS OR AT LEAST REDUCE IT ? ACTUAL CITY IS PAYNE SPRINGS TEXAS

This is a situation where you should consult a reputable traffic ticket lawyer. This may or may not be a lawyer who also handles general criminal defense.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

Lawyers who regularly handle traffic matters are the most knowledgeable about how to beat these cases (or get them reduced.) Contact a local traffic lawyer.

You should hire an experienced traffic ticket attorney to defend you in this matter. Your question is not clear as to what traffic infraction you were actually cited for violating.

I was cited for "FAILURE TO MAINTAIN LANE"

Thank you for pointing that out. I was sure I had put the actual citation description. Guess I missed it.

Traffic tickets topics