I went into a family planning clinic and was sexually violated by the obgyn. What do I do?

Asked over 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

As obgyn was performing a vaginal ultrasound, I could feel his body pressed against my shin and he had his hand firmly planted on my knee. He also referred to me as baby twice when responding to me. There were a couple other tiny odd or disturbing things.As well as not exiting the room for me to get dressed again. I was so uncomfortable that I just put my pants back on and put my underwear in my purse. What do I do?

1. Jeffrey David Bohn

4

Answered . These are difficult cases because all cases must be substantiated by a preponderance of the evidence. (More likely than not) Was anyone else in the room? Usually these types of docs have violated many other women. You can start by looking up his license to see if he has any previous disciplinary actions by the medical board. Then search the county website for any previous lawsuits against him. In the absence of objective evidence it becomes a "he said, she said" case which most attorneys won't take. So you need to start by doing your homework.

Pro

5

Answered . You should report the doctor to the medical board. You can also google "sexual abuse lawyers" and get representation of a sexual abuse lawyer to evaluate your claim. For general information regarding sexual abuse, you can visit my website. Good luck to you.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-510-6755
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Marc Edward Stewart

2

Answered . I agree with Mr. Lassen. Report this to your state's medical board. Here is link to the CA Medical Board's complaint process: http://www.mbc.ca.gov/consumer/Index.html

If this physician has any type of history of this, going to the Board will be helpful because it is likely others before you have complained. It is definitely hard to prove these things without a witness. However, it is important that track-records of this behavior is kept formally somewhere. The Board does that.