I went for my green card interview about two weeks ago , i was given a paper stated , "A decision cannot be yet made about it .

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, OH

application /petition, how long does it take to make the decision ?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

7

Answered . USCIS gives itself 3 months after an interview during which to reach a decision.

After 30 days You can schedule an INFOPASS appointment with the local office where you were interviewed, but this will get you nowhere. They will simply not give you a meaningful answer. You have to be patient.

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

5

Answered . No way to tell. it could be background checks are not complete, officer is waiting for parts of your file to arrive... if you do not hear within a month, or the stated time in the letter, you can write or make an Infopass.

3. Michael Hugh Carlin

5

Answered . USCIS does not have any deadlines that it is required to meet. It could be days, weeks, months, or years. If you have an attorney working with you on the case, consult with your attorney to inquire about what the issues might be that are causing the delay. If you don't have an attorney, I suggest that you obtain the services of an immigration attorney to try to figure out what is causing the delay.

4. Philip Alan Eichorn

2

Answered . It depends on the reason for the delay. Some issues may include the I-130 or I-140 visa petition itself or USCIS is running additional background checks. More information is needed regarding the underlying case.

5. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

1

Answered . In Ohio it most situations, a decision is forthcoming within 2 months, however, there is no requirement as to a date certain. If you don't have a decision within about 60 days, you may make an inquiry with CIS.