I went for my green card interview about two weeks ago , i was given a paper stated , "A decision cannot be yet made about it .

Columbus, OH |

application /petition, how long does it take to make the decision ?

1. No way to tell. it could be background checks are not complete, officer is waiting for parts of your file to arrive... if you do not hear within a month, or the stated time in the letter, you can write or make an Infopass.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

2. USCIS gives itself 3 months after an interview during which to reach a decision.

After 30 days You can schedule an INFOPASS appointment with the local office where you were interviewed, but this will get you nowhere. They will simply not give you a meaningful answer. You have to be patient.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. USCIS does not have any deadlines that it is required to meet. It could be days, weeks, months, or years. If you have an attorney working with you on the case, consult with your attorney to inquire about what the issues might be that are causing the delay. If you don't have an attorney, I suggest that you obtain the services of an immigration attorney to try to figure out what is causing the delay.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

4. In Ohio it most situations, a decision is forthcoming within 2 months, however, there is no requirement as to a date certain. If you don't have a decision within about 60 days, you may make an inquiry with CIS.

5. It depends on the reason for the delay. Some issues may include the I-130 or I-140 visa petition itself or USCIS is running additional background checks. More information is needed regarding the underlying case.

Marriage and prenups topics