I wasn't on the list at court for the initial hearing that was a couple days after the arrest. Is this normal?

Atlanta, GA |

I was charged with a DUI 4 months ago, I consented to a blood draw (never asked to take the breathalyzer) so I still have my drivers license. My attorney however, still has not received the police report, video, or BAC level. I also didn't even show up on the list at court for the initial hearing that was a couple days after the arrest. Is this normal? Wasn't I suppose to get a real court date at the initial hearing?

1. There are contradictions in your post. It takes a while for a DUI Blood case's lab work. Stay patient, but most of all, talk to your attorney about your concerns.

The information is for general information purposes only. Receipt of this information or e-mail from our website, or other communications should NOT be construed as legal advice for any individual case or situation, nor the formation of an attorney-client relationship.

2. These are definitely questions for your attorney since you are represented by counsel. Blood work does take a long time and if you are in Fulton County- everything takes a long time. This is a good topic to take up with your attorney by phone or email.

3. The backup at state labs can be pretty extensive. This is probably the reason for the delay.