I wasn't on the list at court for the initial hearing that was a couple days after the arrest. Is this normal?

Asked over 2 years ago - Atlanta, GA

I was charged with a DUI 4 months ago, I consented to a blood draw (never asked to take the breathalyzer) so I still have my drivers license. My attorney however, still has not received the police report, video, or BAC level. I also didn't even show up on the list at court for the initial hearing that was a couple days after the arrest. Is this normal? Wasn't I suppose to get a real court date at the initial hearing?

1. Kimberly Keheley Frye

Pro

4

Answered . These are definitely questions for your attorney since you are represented by counsel. Blood work does take a long time and if you are in Fulton County- everything takes a long time. This is a good topic to take up with your attorney by phone or email.

2. A James Rockefeller

3

Answered . There are contradictions in your post. It takes a while for a DUI Blood case's lab work. Stay patient, but most of all, talk to your attorney about your concerns.

3. Ronald S. Pichlik

Answered . The backup at state labs can be pretty extensive. This is probably the reason for the delay.