I was working for a lady and accussed of changing some of the checks she wrote me to a different amount. she filed charges on me

Reidsville, NC |

now the detective called and asked me to come down to the police department to be severd papers. what will happen to me

You need to hire a competent criminal defense attorney in NC as soon as possible. Do not meet the police without counsel and don't make any statements to the police without your lawyer being present. From what you post these could be felony forgery charges and are serious matters. Call counsel ASAP.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..