I was working for a lady and accussed of changing some of the checks she wrote me to a different amount. she filed charges on me

Asked over 2 years ago - Reidsville, NC

now the detective called and asked me to come down to the police department to be severd papers. what will happen to me

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Frank Mascagni III

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You need to hire a competent criminal defense attorney in NC as soon as possible. Do not meet the police without counsel and don't make any statements to the police without your lawyer being present. From what you post these could be felony forgery charges and are serious matters. Call counsel ASAP.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,207 answers this week

3,213 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,207 answers this week

3,213 attorneys answering