I was wondering what I should do about my speeding ticket?

Spokane, WA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I was making the 4-6 minute drive to college. I made a left turn and started going down hill for about 30 seconds. I then was looking at my surroundings for about ten seconds and realized I was gaining on the car in front of me so I immediatly slowed down and set my cruise control for 30. The cop at the bottom of the hill gave me a ticket for going 10 over. Is my case good enough to contest on the ground of reaction time and that I was being a safe driver watching my surroundings? Even though I was guilty of speeding, can I plea not guilty for circumstances?

I would talk to a traffic ticket attorney, it is a different world and they pull it off a lot.

My standard disclaimer: I am not offering legal advice or services, assume all of my advice is completely incorrect, assume I do not know the law in your state and assume that I am just making suggestions for starting points for when you do speak with an attorney. Do NOT rely on anything I write and contact a lawyer in your area immediately after reading my posting.