I was wondering if its a conflict of interest having my father in law represent my husband, his son, in an divorce and custody/

Sharon, PA |

against me. my father in law also represented me a few years ago in a legal matter.

Depends what he represented you for and what he may have learned that could be used against you now. I wouldn't do it just because of the appearance of it.

Ok that bk you all

Ok thank you all

Lee Alan Thompson

Lee Alan Thompson

You're welcome

I agree with Mr. Thompson's response. Without knowing what specifically your future former father-in-law represented you on, the existence of an actual conflict of interest can not be assessed. On a personal basis, I would avoid such representation under any circumstance with the possible exception of a divorce and custody situation in which both parties on firmly on the same page. My suggestion is that you focus on your representation rather than your spouse's. If the nature of the prior representation is such that an actual conflict exists, your attorney with you can determine how to handle that issue most effectively.

My husband and I been separated for almost two years now, we ate getting a divorce, his father, my father in law is representing him. About the Yeats ago he represented me on harassment and disorderly conduct charges. I was wondering if this was an conflict of interest issue? And if so how can I proceed?

Are* not are...he represented me about three years ago

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

Still not sufficiently clear, but the point is, this is a matter that your attorney needs to be aware of and determine in consultation with you how to deal with it.

He represented me and now he's representing his son my husband against me in a divorce and custody of or children.

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

That was stated by you in your original question. How have I not made myself clear? Discuss this with your attorney. If you don't have an attorney, especially under these circumstances, PLEASE correct that major error immediately.