I was wondering if i would qualify for the DREAM ACT?

Utica, MI |

Canadian Citizen living in US, but not exactly sure of the complete criteria of the DREAM ACT

When the DREAM act comes into law, come back with the question. For now, it is not the law. if you are referring to DACA, please follow the link below and decide for yourself.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Hello,

Please take a look here for some information on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals:
http://mcarlinlaw.com/deferred-action-dream/

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

At this time, there is no DREAM Act. There is a program called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) for certain immigrants who came to the United States at a young age, and graduated high school, got a GED, are currently in school and/or were honorably discharged from the armed forces. DACA does not lead to a path to legal status but does provide an opportunity to get work authorization in the United States. I recommend consulting with an experienced immigration attorney to find out if you may be eligible for DACA.

Ellie Mosko Attorney Ellis Porter, PLC 2701 Troy Center Dr., 410 Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-519-9900 Fax: 248-519-9901 Email: ellie.mosko@ellisporter.com The information I provide on Avvo is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney client relationship