I was wondering if i would qualify for the DREAM ACT?

Asked over 1 year ago - Utica, MI

Canadian Citizen living in US, but not exactly sure of the complete criteria of the DREAM ACT

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Elisheva G Mosko

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . At this time, there is no DREAM Act. There is a program called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) for certain immigrants who came to the United States at a young age, and graduated high school, got a GED, are currently in school and/or were honorably discharged from the armed forces. DACA does not lead to a path to legal status but does provide an opportunity to get work authorization in the United States. I recommend consulting with an experienced immigration attorney to find out if you may be eligible for DACA.

    Ellie Mosko Attorney Ellis Porter, PLC 2701 Troy Center Dr., 410 Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-519-9900 Fax: 248-519-... more
  2. Michael Hugh Carlin

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hello,

    Please take a look here for some information on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals:

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more
  3. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . When the DREAM act comes into law, come back with the question. For now, it is not the law. if you are referring to DACA, please follow the link below and decide for yourself.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,542 answers this week

2,858 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,542 answers this week

2,858 attorneys answering