I was wondering if I should obtain council in regards to this matter? What is the best thing for me to do? Whats case worth?

Portage, WI |

I was at a complete stop on hwy 19 and Liuna Way in Waunakee waiting to turn left. I got rear-ended. Witnesses said she, [Name omitted], smashed into the rear of my 2001 Buick LeSabre bringing her vehicle, 2007 Subaru Forester, up and back down on the trunk of my car. When that happened she cracked my gas tank. My car started on fire immediately. I could see flames on both sides of the car by the time I was stopped. I got out immediately after having to unlock the doors. Brief memory lapses were at that time.
My car is a total loss. I did take pictures of the car at the DeForest Collision and repair. I got out of the car ok, I was looked over by an EMT at the scene. The only thing that was bothering me was my shoulder. Later that night aroun

1. Your question was cut off, but if you were about to describe the onset of neck/shoulder/back pain later that evening, that is not uncommon as a result of a rear-end accident. If you are continuing to experience pain/discomfor, then a follow-up with a doctor would certainly be advisable.

You should also seek the advise of an attorney if you feel you jave any injuries from the accident. There is not enough information to begin to address the value of your claim, without knowing if you have any injuries, from the accident caused by this person's negligence

2. Attorney Grantham is correct you should at least meet with an attorney or two to explore whether being represented in this matter is likely in your interest. Insurance is likely to make an offer to settle the matter and you need to go in with your eyes wide open to what that settlement means, especially if you might have future limitations or discomfort based on the accident. Your mentioning brief memory lapses at the time of the accident make me wonder if you might have had a brief concussion and about the recent stories about NFL players who had concussions later in life. Many firms (including ours) offer free consultations to explore the possibility of representation in cases. Before making your decision you should consider the risks and potential benefits of legal representation against the "sure thing" of any settlement currently being offered. Frankly it sounds like liability will not be too hard to prove but determining damages may be somewhat more involved. Pain and discomfort are to a large degree subjective. Having an attorney who can do a thorough investigation and then gather all the facts together and tell a compelling story in court is what gets results for accident victims. I or perhaps another attorney at my firm would be interested in discussing the matter further if you would like to take the time to meet with one of us in Portage, La Crosse or somewhere in between. Whatever you decide to do I wish you luck.

Disclaimer - 1. The above answer is not legal advice and should not be construed as such. 2. Always seek legal representation before making important legal decisions. 3. The above communications do not create an attorney/client relationship.