I was wondering if I could leave home anytime before my 18th birthday legally without being emancipated.

Asked 10 months ago - Louisville, KY

I have read that I could leave 5 months before I turned 18 as long as I was graduated from high school.

1. Michael William Bouldin

2

Answered . In Kentucky you are a minor until you turn 18 years of age. Your parents could charge you as a runaway - a status offense - in juvenile court. If your parents agree, guardianship could be granted to someone else.

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

1

Answered . No, you need to wait until you turn 18. Simply wait the 5 months in order to avoid being charged as a runaway.