I was wondering I had a co-defendant and she ran they got her 2 weeks ago. so I assume that I 'm not a codefendant any more. r

Bakersfield, CA |

I guess I'm on my own now I was in the store with her and the clerk said here's some empty hangers I'm calling the police. i said excuse me, I don't have anything and she said so I'm going to report it, Then i said you can c heck me, she just walked off so we left the store 8 months later I get a call from the DA saying that she wanted ti know what happened. I replied what I told you. so they filed and now I losing my mind . It was a violation also i have 3 petty thefts already they offered me a year but I didn't take anything. Is there any lower offer that I could get.

1. Who is representing you? That's the person you should be asking.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

2. There is insufficient information to provide an answer. It appears you already have an attorney. Rely on his/her advice or consult a local criminal attorney.

3. A fourth petty theft could have been charged as a misdemeanor. You need to speak with an attorney and understand the theory of prosecution called aiding and abetting especially with the facts you do provide. Good luck.

www.losangelesdefenders.com