I was wondering about how to fight a chapter 14-12c?

Sierra Vista, AZ |
Filed under: Shoplifting

I tried on some civies in a fitting room at a certain place on base. I didn't have any money on me and I wanted the clothes, so I put them in my bag. I hung up the hangers in the fitting room not thinking what was going to happen next. I walked out of the fitting room and went back to the racks where the clothes came from. I had a guilty conscious and wanted to put them back. By then, it was too late. A lady approached me and said that nothing was back there before me and that she needed to check my bag. I admitted to taking the clothes and she called the police. I never walked out of the building and never attempted to walk out of the building. What should I do? How should I fight it?

1. If you are military, you should go to legal services. You need to speak with an attorney that handles charges on base. There can be both criminal and administrative consequences. Do not make any more statements until you talk to an attorney.

This answer is intended to only provide general information and does not establish an attorney- client relationship. The information is not guaranteed as sound legal advice since most questions are very limited in nature. You may wish to consult with an attorney regarding your specific case.

Shoplifting topics