I was unlawfully terminated. I believe many DOT TITLE 49 PART 40 REGS were violated as well as union contract

Merced, CA |

I have researched the issue thoroughly and believe I have a strong case for damages

1. Unless this is a termination based on prohibited discrimination (such as race, religion, age, etc.), then you are required to first appeal your termination through the process specified in the collective bargaining agreement. Under some union contracts that process is your sole remedy. Contact your union rep without delay. Time limits can be very short.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.