I was treated horribly at er, loudly ridiculed to other patients refued my pain meds and hipaa violated, im hurt and furious

gown thrown at me ,ridiculed to other patients, mad because i couldnt get up and go to ua myself, refused to help me with gown, with held my shot dr perscribed until i got up and dressed alone, abusive treatment overall . i have never experienced anything to compare it to and i am 51 years old. he refused to let others help me, i was taken by ambulance so it should be obvious that i couldnt run around the hospital. i had extreme pain in right side and he must have been the head nurse because everyone followed his orders. he finally gave me a partial dose of the pain med the doctor irdered, only because someone from adm came and asked him to. him to. he refused to give me moire until i got up and put my own gown on. he loudly ridiculed me and mde fun of myt diagnosis to all. i am so humi

Independence, MO -

Anthony Graceson Laramore

Anthony Graceson Laramore

Personal Injury Lawyer - Saint Louis, MO

Your claim lacks damages. If the doctor's or nurse's actions had caused you injury you may have a claim. Sadly, being humilitated is probably not enough to justify bringing a claim. You may consider making a complaint to the hospital about the nurse's behavior. Good Luck.

Marc Edward Stewart

Marc Edward Stewart

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Little Rock, AR

The HIPAA statute does not provide a civil remedy for violations of medical privacy, unfortunately. From the perspective of a medical malpractice claim, you would not have a viable lawsuit because you did not suffer an extensive physical injury. Poor bedside manner generates lots of phone calls to lawyers but doesn't add up to a winnable lawsuit.

Related Advice