I was treated horribly at er, loudly ridiculed to other patients refued my pain meds and hipaa violated, im hurt and furious

Asked over 2 years ago - Independence, MO

gown thrown at me ,ridiculed to other patients, mad because i couldnt get up and go to ua myself, refused to help me with gown, with held my shot dr perscribed until i got up and dressed alone, abusive treatment overall . i have never experienced anything to compare it to and i am 51 years old. he refused to let others help me, i was taken by ambulance so it should be obvious that i couldnt run around the hospital. i had extreme pain in right side and he must have been the head nurse because everyone followed his orders. he finally gave me a partial dose of the pain med the doctor irdered, only because someone from adm came and asked him to. him to. he refused to give me moire until i got up and put my own gown on. he loudly ridiculed me and mde fun of myt diagnosis to all. i am so humi

1. Anthony Graceson Laramore

1

1

Answered . Your claim lacks damages. If the doctor's or nurse's actions had caused you injury you may have a claim. Sadly, being humilitated is probably not enough to justify bringing a claim. You may consider making a complaint to the hospital about the nurse's behavior. Good Luck.

2. Marc Edward Stewart

2

2

Answered . The HIPAA statute does not provide a civil remedy for violations of medical privacy, unfortunately. From the perspective of a medical malpractice claim, you would not have a viable lawsuit because you did not suffer an extensive physical injury. Poor bedside manner generates lots of phone calls to lawyers but doesn't add up to a winnable lawsuit.