I was told ER will report parent to CPS for their 12 yr old for having sex X 6 maths ago resulting in POSSIBLE STD ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Worth, TX

visit to ER to see if abscess on vagina was a boil or ingrown hair due to shaving . She also has a mass under the skin in the pelvic areas . ER should test for abnormal cells then biopsy for malignancy or benign growth to rule out cancer . Er's have access to all areas . Testing for cancer , diseases and bacterial infects etc . CAN Nope , ingrown hair is a " rare " STD and mass is there because of STD . Diagnose of this " rare " STD was obtains by a visual exam only . w / o proper testing of fluids . no test to check mass other than feeling it rd . said it was due to STD also . I'd th ER rd . s wild run test such an abscess , to be positive with good conscious & avg ruled out other types of Tirane before telling a 12 yr old she has a " rare " STD . u don't tell a pron they av cancer unless u kw its cancer .

1. Vicki Elaine Wiley

4

Answered . Medical professionals are mandatory reporters. If they have any reason to suspect abuse, they are bound by Texas law to report to CPS / DFPS. In Texas it is against the law to have sex with anyone under the age of 17.
    Although you have question mark on your title, there is no actual question, and you have way too much detail for a public forum. Good luck.

2. Judy A. Goldstein

3

Answered . WAY WAY WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION! If a medical provider feel there has been abuse, the suspected abuse must be reported. Like teachers and therapists, medical providers are mandatory reporters.

3. Michael L Rich

1

Answered . In addition to the answers submitted by my Texas colleagues, which you should rely on on the issue of Texas child abuse reporting law, I would offer two additional suggestions.

1) If you are the parent, you should consult a child abuse defense attorney, in private about defending against any neglect allegations that may occur as a result of the ER report to CPS.

2) It sounds as if you are concerned that the ER may not have properly treated or diagnosed your child. You should consult with her pediatrician or a medical malpractice lawyer, in private, about getting a second opinion or additional diagnostic testing.