Skip to main content

I was ticketed in NJ for "Disregarding a stop sign", however the date and time are incorrect. Is the ticket defective?

Fort Lee, NJ |
Filed under: Traffic tickets

The date of the offense is a day earlier and during the date listed on the ticket I was at school.

Attorney Answers 3


You can argue it, but its a tough road to hoe to Municipal Court.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

Mark as helpful


The ticket requires that you are put on notice. Here you may not be. The alibi may work. Bring the proof. Ft. Lee is a great court.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You may have a basis for a dismissal of the ticket but generally if you speak to the Municipal Prosecutor, they would try to resolve the ticket and may offer to reduce it to a lesser offense.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Traffic tickets topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics