I was ticketed in CT for § 21a-267 (a). Does this constitute arrest? Will it show up in employer criminal record search?

Asked over 1 year ago - Danbury, CT

Stopped for faulty taillight. Officer found bowl used for smoking.

Additional information

The fine is $136 as stated on the ticket. Nolo contendere is the plea on the back of the ticket.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. John Paul Thygerson


    Contributor Level 17


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You were not "arrested". However, a background check will indicate that, if you signed it and elected to pay the amount due, you were convicted of the infraction "possession of paraphernalia".

  2. Donald George Rehkopf

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Since you were given an appearance ticket and not taken into custody, this does not constitute an "arrest." However, there could be significant collateral consequences that are both case and fact specific and some provisions of that statute provide for jail time. You need to retain an experience criminal defense attorney there in Danbury who also is familiar with driving related offenses to both advise and represent you. If you are convicted of a crime - and some sections of that law are in fact criminal provisions - it will in all probability show up on a criminal record search. Don't gamble with your future, invest in yourself now and get this resolved properly, which means, get an experienced attorney working for you ASAP.

    This response does not signify the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.
  3. Adam Domenick Rumschlag

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Whether you were arrested depends on the facts of the encounter with the officer. You should contact a local attorney to discuss your case.

    Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice. It is merely intended to provide general... more

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

18,549 answers this week

2,435 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

18,549 answers this week

2,435 attorneys answering