I was Terminated from my Position 6 days after I was put on Light duty status/workers comp for other unrelated reasons

Asked 7 months ago - Phoenix, AZ

This in Addition to my previous post 25 days ago, Since then I've been TERMINATED from my employer for unrelated reasons. The workers comp insurance company is being really difficult with approving any doctor referrals. I have a cervical nerve that has been affecting my neck and left arm,. Now I received a letter from the work comp insurance stating that they need me to sign this document . Medical Authorization form for release of Medical records to them. for the past 2 years and if I don't sign and release this information , my claim will be void. What do I need to do at this Point??

1. Brian Weekley

Pro

7

Answered . You may be entitled to Temporary Partial Disability benefits paid on a monthly basis at 66 2/3 % of your average monthly wage. I would need to review the circumstances of the termination.

As for the medical release...sign and return it.

Let me know if you need more detailed assistance. Our fees are contingency based. Thanks.

Appz
  2. James M. Clancy

Pro

5

Answered . Insurance companies are entitled to determine whether or not you have any medical conditions that preexisted your compensable accident. They need this information to determine whether or not the condition you are suffering from is related to the accident or something that existed previously. In addition your current treating physicians are not allowed to release your medical records to the insurance company without authorization by you. Most states make it illegal to fire someone for bringing a Worker’s Compensation claim however being on injured on the job does not stop them from terminating you for a legitimate business purpose.

3. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

4

Answered . If you still do not recognize your need for counsel, I give up.

4. Chadwick T. Snow

Pro

1

Answered . First, in most cases in Arizona, you have a right to choose your own treating doctor, and the carrier should respect any referrals that physician makes. Unless they have an opinion to the contrary, they have to approve recommended treatment or they are committing insurance bad faith. As for the authorization, you are required to sign it so that they can investigate your prior health history.

It sounds like you have a serious injury. You should consult with an Arizona workers compensation attorney, most of whom offer free consultations. You have a lot of rights that you may not be aware of. You can contact me anytime at our office (602) 532-0700 or get information on our website, www.workinjuryaz.com