I was Terminated from my Position 6 days after I was put on Light duty status/workers comp for other unrelated reasons

Phoenix, AZ |

This in Addition to my previous post 25 days ago, Since then I've been TERMINATED from my employer for unrelated reasons. The workers comp insurance company is being really difficult with approving any doctor referrals. I have a cervical nerve that has been affecting my neck and left arm,. Now I received a letter from the work comp insurance stating that they need me to sign this document . Medical Authorization form for release of Medical records to them. for the past 2 years and if I don't sign and release this information , my claim will be void. What do I need to do at this Point??

You may be entitled to Temporary Partial Disability benefits paid on a monthly basis at 66 2/3 % of your average monthly wage. I would need to review the circumstances of the termination.

As for the medical release...sign and return it.

Let me know if you need more detailed assistance. Our fees are contingency based. Thanks.

Insurance companies are entitled to determine whether or not you have any medical conditions that preexisted your compensable accident. They need this information to determine whether or not the condition you are suffering from is related to the accident or something that existed previously. In addition your current treating physicians are not allowed to release your medical records to the insurance company without authorization by you. Most states make it illegal to fire someone for bringing a Worker’s Compensation claim however being on injured on the job does not stop them from terminating you for a legitimate business purpose.

My answers are for general information only. They are not legal advice. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice.

If you still do not recognize your need for counsel, I give up.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by providing feedback that the answer was either "helpful" or "best answer" as appropriate. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question.

First, in most cases in Arizona, you have a right to choose your own treating doctor, and the carrier should respect any referrals that physician makes. Unless they have an opinion to the contrary, they have to approve recommended treatment or they are committing insurance bad faith. As for the authorization, you are required to sign it so that they can investigate your prior health history.

It sounds like you have a serious injury. You should consult with an Arizona workers compensation attorney, most of whom offer free consultations. You have a lot of rights that you may not be aware of. You can contact me anytime at our office (602) 532-0700 or get information on our website,

Recommended articles about Personal injury