I was terminated because I entered incorrect information on timesheet 5 times, the reason being is I was on pain medication

Atlanta, GA |

I was terminated from a company because I entered incorrect times on my time sheets keep in mind I do not have a history of this behavior and was not warned, I made errors by minutes on five separate occasions within a weeks time. The reason I made those mistakes is because I was taking pain medication for an injury sustained while on the job. Management wanted to terminate me because I was on restrictions from my doctor which caused me to have to sit the majority of the day. My question is, Will I have a case with the EEOC for this? I feel I was discriminated against because of the fact that I transferred in and wasnt properly trained on the policy and procedures but was repeatedly written up for not complying with them and got injured on the job.

In response to your question, based on the vague facts set out in your post, I cannot offer a definitive opinion as to whether you have a case with the EEOC. From your post, as best as I can tell, your only EEOC eligible claim would be disability discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended. Unfortunately, due to the limited facts in your post, I am not sure if you are "disabled" or "perceived as disabled" under the Act. If you provide additional information I might be able to offer a more useful response.

Please be advised that neither sending nor receiving an email from The Blackburn Law Firm LLC is intended to create an attorney/client relationship. No attorney client relationship exists in the absence of a written fee contract with The Blackburn Law Firm LLC.

If you were terminated for reasons related to your on the job injury, you could have a great workers compensation claim. This would be a great place to get started. Most if us offer free case consultations.

This Reply is intended to be helpful to the Asker and the Avvo Community, but it does not constitute legal advice and does not create any attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Employment