I was terminated and trespassed from my employer after getting into argument with a dispatcher from the company.

Melbourne, FL |

the company(labor ready) is a temp labor job.a new manager had just been put in place so for the previous 3 months there was no management and just 2 dispatchers and us workers who they would send to work.for whatever reason this guy didn't like me so i would never get calls for work if they came in even though my track record had been spotless.also i had just come off a workmen's comp claim that i ended earlier than i should have just to be able to work.i think between that and me calling him out for not giving gas money i left for someone set me back.the day of the incident i showed up for job i was supposed to go on and he told me he had sent someone else.since i was only averaging a day a week i finally had it out with him(non-physical)and i was trespassed.

1. I don't know what trespassed means, but it probably wasn't a good idea to have it out with him.

2. If you get fired after filing a workers compensation claim, the law gives you the right to sue for retaliatory discharge in Circuit Court. You must prove that you were fired because of the workers comp claim and not because of any other reason.
    Robert Shapiro

The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices. advocate1@comcast.net, 305 373-1099.

3. I agree with the other attorney. Based upon the facts presented, it is possible that you may have a claim for retaliation associated with your worker's compensation claim. I would recommend you contact a qualified employment attorney and discuss the matter in more detail. My firm has a Melbourne office and a very skilled labor attorney there that might be able to help.