I was terminated, I was a salary employee, and I worked 4 days after the pay period, the pay period was every 2 weeks.

Wilmington, NC |

Can I be paid for a total two weeks, or just the 4 days leading up to my termination?

You are only entitled to be paid for the time (or days) you actually worked and not the whole pay period.

Kirk J. Angel is an experienced North Carolina licensed attorney who focuses his practice on employment law. Mr. Angel, who has focused on employment law for more than 15 years, represents clients throughout North Carolina and more information about him is available at www.theangellawfirm.com This response is for general informational purposes and does not constitute legal advice. Additionally, this response does not create an attorney client relationship. If you need legal advice, please contact a lawyer in your state who practices in the appropriate area.

I'm afraid you can only be paid for the four days that you actually worked.

DISCLAIMER: This is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting. The law firm of Klish and Eldreth, PLLC offers many flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law, intellectual property, and entertainment in North Carolina. Your inquires are always welcome. Feel free to call 919-833-5322 for a free phone consultation or email Justin@klisheldreth.com.

I agree with Mr. Angel and Mr. Eldreth, unless your company policy says that you are entitled to the full paycheck, which is very unlikely, you will be paid for time worked.

Business topics