I was t boned by a brinks armored truck yesterday. He admitted fault and got a ticket for hitting me. How do i get a car?

Asked over 1 year ago - Denver, CO

It happened as i was leaving a parking lot and he was pulling in and just turned into my car like i wasn't there . I have no insurance but he admitted fault and got a ticket for it . We went to hospital , no broken bones but car is totaled and my husband is to start a new job Monday morning . Evidently you can only reach an answering service for their insurance company on the weekend and we do not have the money to rent a car and wait for reimbursement . Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

12

1

Answered . You have done most everything that you can going into a weekend. Stay on it. In the meantime, don;t be surprised if your husband starts to have more aches and pains. He needs to be checked out medically when that occurs. You need to consult with a personal injury attorney.

As for the car issue, because you have no insurance, you will be at the mercy of someone getting back to you. I wish I had better news.

Best of luck.

Dan

2. Michael Paul Litman

11

1

Answered . You need to hire a traffic accident injury lawyer immediately to protect your rights.

3. Nelson Patrick Boyle

10

Answered . You will need a lawyer if anyone was injured. Since you dip not have
    insurance, you can only wait until you get in touch with theirs. We would
    new happy to help you.
    >

Pro

11

Answered . You should get fair market value for your car. Retain a local car accident lawyer to investigate a claim.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

10

1

Answered . Unfortunately, there is no quick-fix solution that you are hoping might exist; certainly not before Monday. If you care was totalled, you will be entitled to receive its fair market value from Brinks or its insurer. They likely would also pay for a rental until they have inspected your vehicle and came to a decision as to whether to repair or pay for the car's value (they will take which ever course is less expensive). As for this weekend, I guess you have to try and determine if therer is a form of public transportation that can be taken. Good Luck.

6. George Costas Andriotis

10

1

Answered . There is no finite way to answer how to get a rental as the insurance companies have a multitude of excuses as to why they don't want to give you one. Hire an attorney to investigate the incident, protect your rights and secure you the benefits you deserve.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  7. Jeffrey Larkin Wertz

Pro

8

Answered . You should secure competent lagal counsel very soon. And when you have another car, for gods sake get insurance.

8. Kevin Coluccio

9

Answered . Go to the "find a lawyer" tab and look for a personal injury attorney in the Denver area. Also, make sure to get any necessary follow up medical treatment.

9. Seth Raven Carroll

Pro

8

Answered . Call an attorney.

10. Daryl L. Derryberry

Pro

7

Answered . Please have your husband checked out completely since this was such a big impact collision. It is not unusual to begin experiencing pain 1 to 2 days after the accident. Please consult with an attorney after you have your husband's health situation examined. Good luck and get an attorney as soon as possible. Good luck