Skip to main content

I was t boned by a brinks armored truck yesterday. He admitted fault and got a ticket for hitting me. How do i get a car?

Denver, CO |

It happened as i was leaving a parking lot and he was pulling in and just turned into my car like i wasn't there . I have no insurance but he admitted fault and got a ticket for it . We went to hospital , no broken bones but car is totaled and my husband is to start a new job Monday morning . Evidently you can only reach an answering service for their insurance company on the weekend and we do not have the money to rent a car and wait for reimbursement . Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

Attorney Answers 10

  1. You need to hire a traffic accident injury lawyer immediately to protect your rights.

  2. You have done most everything that you can going into a weekend. Stay on it. In the meantime, don;t be surprised if your husband starts to have more aches and pains. He needs to be checked out medically when that occurs. You need to consult with a personal injury attorney.

    As for the car issue, because you have no insurance, you will be at the mercy of someone getting back to you. I wish I had better news.

    Best of luck.


    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

  3. Unfortunately, there is no quick-fix solution that you are hoping might exist; certainly not before Monday. If you care was totalled, you will be entitled to receive its fair market value from Brinks or its insurer. They likely would also pay for a rental until they have inspected your vehicle and came to a decision as to whether to repair or pay for the car's value (they will take which ever course is less expensive). As for this weekend, I guess you have to try and determine if therer is a form of public transportation that can be taken. Good Luck.

  4. There is no finite way to answer how to get a rental as the insurance companies have a multitude of excuses as to why they don't want to give you one. Hire an attorney to investigate the incident, protect your rights and secure you the benefits you deserve.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

  5. Go to the "find a lawyer" tab and look for a personal injury attorney in the Denver area. Also, make sure to get any necessary follow up medical treatment.

  6. You should get fair market value for your car. Retain a local car accident lawyer to investigate a claim.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

  7. You will need a lawyer if anyone was injured. Since you dip not have
    insurance, you can only wait until you get in touch with theirs. We would
    new happy to help you.

    This response is a general answer to your question and is not intended as constituting legal advice or creating a client-attorney relationship. Please read our full disclaimer here:

  8. Call an attorney.

    Seth Carroll is licensed to practice in Virginia only. The preceding is for information only and should not be construed as legal advice. Always call a lawyer directly for advice.

  9. You should secure competent lagal counsel very soon. And when you have another car, for gods sake get insurance.

  10. Please have your husband checked out completely since this was such a big impact collision. It is not unusual to begin experiencing pain 1 to 2 days after the accident. Please consult with an attorney after you have your husband's health situation examined. Good luck and get an attorney as soon as possible. Good luck

    By providing this legal analysis of the issue presented, no attorney/client relationship is being formed. Additionally, attorney is not agreeing to represent the individual who presented the question concerning the legal issue. A signed retainer agreement is required before an attorney /client relationship is established. The analysis provided is meant solely to provide general guidance about the legal issue presented.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics