I was t-boned and I am positive my light was green, however, the police report stated that I was at fault.

Asked over 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

I was sober, had no medication in my system and I was not on my phone & I had my seat belt on. I have an excellent driving record and I am so very sure my light was green which is why I proceeded. I have sustained some soft tissue injuries and I was taken to the hospital so I have medical bills as well. This is my very first accident and I don't know what to do or where to turn.

1. Richard S. Johnson

Pro

11

Answered . You should speak with an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your situation. Were there any witnesses to the collision? There is a chance, albeit slim sometimes, that a nearby business may have surveillance video of the collision. However, they usually only keep the video for a short period of time. Don't wait!

If you would like a free consultation, call me at 702-823-3333. www.naimidilbeck.com
  2. Joshua U. Aldabbagh

9

Answered . There are certain steps we could take to try and prove that you are not at fault, although overcoming the "police report" hurdle is rather difficult.

For example: eye witnesses, surveillance cameras, accident reconstruction specialists, etc. could all be key in proving your case.

You should consult an attorney.

3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

8

Answered . Did the officer give a basis for the opinion?

4. Nathanael Prada

8

Answered . If you received a ticket or hope to preserve your record, make sure to hire local counsel to defend you.

5. Jason Todd Studinski

8

Answered . Consult with a local personal injury lawyer immediately. Good luck.

Pro

8

Answered . Retain one of the personal injury lawyers in your state above for representation.

7. Michael Shemtoub

7

Answered . This is a very complicated situation. Please consult a local attorney.

8. Howard Robert Roitman

4

Answered . Call a lawyer asap.

9. Kevin Coluccio

5

Answered . Contact and consult with a local personal injury attorney.

10. George G. Trachtman

1

Best Answer

Answered . A police report is not the only evidence in a personal injury. However, if you review the report carefully, there should be witnesses listed. It may be a good idea to have someone call them and investigate the case to verify what they saw. It is possible the police made a mistake, although unlikely, it does occur.