Skip to main content

I was t-boned and I am positive my light was green, however, the police report stated that I was at fault.

Las Vegas, NV |

I was sober, had no medication in my system and I was not on my phone & I had my seat belt on. I have an excellent driving record and I am so very sure my light was green which is why I proceeded. I have sustained some soft tissue injuries and I was taken to the hospital so I have medical bills as well. This is my very first accident and I don't know what to do or where to turn.

Attorney Answers 10

  1. Best answer

    A police report is not the only evidence in a personal injury. However, if you review the report carefully, there should be witnesses listed. It may be a good idea to have someone call them and investigate the case to verify what they saw. It is possible the police made a mistake, although unlikely, it does occur.

    The answer above is only based upon the limited information provided. The answer is limited and my review is likewise limited, and thus the response is not intended to be acted upon as legal advice. Although licensed in numerous states, I am currently only licensed to practice law in the state of Nevada. No attorney-client relationship is formed until you sign an attorney-client agreement with my office. Any information provided is for discussion purposes only and there is no attorney-client relationship formed. Only general legal information is provided. Each case is unique and accurate legal advise would require review of all details and documents for each specific case. It is possible that the comments here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate.

  2. You should speak with an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your situation. Were there any witnesses to the collision? There is a chance, albeit slim sometimes, that a nearby business may have surveillance video of the collision. However, they usually only keep the video for a short period of time. Don't wait!

    If you would like a free consultation, call me at 702-823-3333.

  3. Did the officer give a basis for the opinion?

    Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

  4. There are certain steps we could take to try and prove that you are not at fault, although overcoming the "police report" hurdle is rather difficult.

    For example: eye witnesses, surveillance cameras, accident reconstruction specialists, etc. could all be key in proving your case.

    You should consult an attorney.

  5. This is a very complicated situation. Please consult a local attorney.

    View my website & give me a call for a FREE consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

  6. If you received a ticket or hope to preserve your record, make sure to hire local counsel to defend you.

  7. Consult with a local personal injury lawyer immediately. Good luck.

  8. Retain one of the personal injury lawyers in your state above for representation.

  9. Contact and consult with a local personal injury attorney.

  10. Call a lawyer asap.

    The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics