I was summoned to Jury duty, but I have a DUI trial pending... would attending Jury duty help me in anyway to show I'm good?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lincoln, NE

I would like the judge and court to consider me a better person so would attending Jury duty help me in that way? Also how can this impact my DUI case?

1. Answered . DUI trials typically do not involve evidence of a defendant's good character. Good character evidence is more relevant for explaining why you should receive a more lenient sentence after you have been found guilty. You need to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney to discuss your case.

2. Answered . You need to attend the jury selection because it is a legal summons. As far as a trial for a DUI, those don't involve good character. The sentencing portion (if you are convicted) will involve a statement about your character in regards to the sentence. However, that involves job history and criminal history, not jury duty.